The Bill of Rights, as entrenched in the Constitution of South Africa, guarantees fair labour practices to all workers in the country. The Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act as well as other labour statutes, legislation, regulations and policies enable concrete expression to the provisions of the Constitution.
- Promoting democracy at all levels for the upliftment of workers and society in general.
- Ensuring that trade unions encourage democracy at all levels in the workplace.
- uphold the Constitution of South Africa;
- uphold and respect its own constitution;
- promote democracy through training and education;
- seek to provide access to the decision-making chambers of the country;
- cultivate a human rights culture in the workplace as well as in society in general.